Know the Warning Signs For Your Roof!
Issues in Shoreline, Edmonds, & Seattle
If your roof is more than 15 years old, or shows any of these warning signs, you may already have a problem.
- Cause: leaks in roof
- Check attic or crawlspace for leaks in deck
- Check chimney and vents for cracks in flashing
- Check rafters for leaks that travel away from original source
- Check roof for damaged shingles
- Caused by improper installation
- Caused by drying and cracking
- Can usually be repaired without replacing roof
- Caused by improper fastening
- Caused by exposure to high winds
- Can usually be replaced individually
BUCKLING & CURLING
- Cause: improperly applied felt (buckling)
- Cause: movement in deck (buckling)
- Cause: undersaturation of felt in organic-based shingles (curling)
- Caused by moisture in shingles
- Cause: excessive use of asphalt plastic cement
- Cause: growth of airborne algae deposited on roof
- Unsightly appearance does not affect the service life of the material
- Common problem in warm, humid climates
- Algae resistant shingles available regionally
- On newly applies shingles a certain number of loose granules is normal
- On aging shingles, missing granules indicate need for replacement
- Cause: absorption of moisture
- Common problem with organic-based shingles
Check your Insurance!
If you spot roof damage due to tree branches or other destructive events, call your insurance agent. Some – maybe all – of the costs of repair or replacement may be covered by your homeowner’s policy.
For a professional Evaluation and Free Estimate – Contact Us:
By phone at: 206-523-7343 or 206-367-2601
By e-mail: email@example.com